As you are aware after our last Brexit update, UK business trading with EU countries has significantly changed especially when it comes to shipments of non-document consignments.
Here at Santis we are monitoring those changes closely and communicate them with our clients to avoid any unnecessary customs delays.
WHAT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED ON THE PROFORMA/COMMERCIAL INVOICE?
- Delivery address with full contact details including phone number and or email address
- Full description of goods – See below on examples accepted description. Commodity Codes or HS Codes are also required and can be found here
- Total value for customs
- Reason for Export
- Country of Origin
- EORI Number of shipper
- EORI Number and / or TAX / VAT ID of consignee. Please see attached document to help determine what consignee information is required for all countries in the EU. These details can be added into the notes section of the proforma invoice on the booking portal
If we do not have all the information required, your goods will be delayed while contact is made with the consignee upon arrival to destination country and you might face additional customs charges.
There are different rules for all EU countries therefore it is very important that you follow our guidelines in order to avoid unnecessary delays.
Who will pay Customs Charges?
Santis Global offers two different clearance options, which can be chosen at the time of the booking:
- DDU – Consignee / receiver are paying duties – the clearing agent will contact them and arrange payment of duties to be made.
- If the shipment is sent under a Free Domicile/ DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) basis then Santis Global will pay the duties on your behalf and will forward those charges back to yourself.
HOW SHOULD I DESCRIBE ITEMS ON MY PROFORMA/COMMERCIAL INVOICE?
|Apparel||Men’s shirts, lingerie, girl’s vests, boy’s jackets|
|Auto parts||Automobile brakes, windshield glass for automobiles|
|Electronics||Computers, televisions, CD players, phones|
|Gifts||Dolls, remote-control cars|
Click Here for list of country specific requirements.
If you require any help with your shipping declarations, please do not hesitate to contact Santis Global Customer Service Team on 0207 232 2220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support.
Santis Global Management Team